Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Sep 7 11:01:19 BST 2008

Hi,

Next Akademy is early July 2009. The release-team decided it would be good idea to have the 4.3 release done before Akademy starts, so we have all the room to hack on anything we want during Akademy,

That means that we want to release 4.2 two weeks earlier and 4.3 too, so we end up with 4.3 a month earlier without giving in too much to our six month schedule.

Techbase is now updated with the changed schedule for 4.2[1] and the new 4.3 schedule[2].

Next important deadline: September 29th, 2008: Soft Feature Freeze

Best,

Tom Albers
[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Release_Schedule
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.3_Release_Schedule