moving kosdwidget to kdereview

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:04:59 BST 2008

hi,

I run it in a non-composited environment ( ie. with kde compositing
off ), it still has its rounded edges, etc. from a quick run a while
ago, there is no difference between composited and non-composited mode
unless something else does something.

defaultFont() and defaultPalette() are for applications to check
whether or not the application will automatically update the palette +
font when the kde color scheme changes ( yes, that does exist: please
see lines 74, 114-126. line 74 allows the updating to be triggered.
lines 114-126 actually do it.

the positionx() and positiony() functions are actually deprecated,
they are back from the messy days when it and kdisplay were one piece.
i have already removed them both. ( i will commit it though when i fix
the api docs )

i am already working on cleaning up the apidocs as you have suggested.
do you have any other suggestions for a positioning system? it is
there so that applications do not have to worry about the screen size,
or any changes. if i remove it then every application needs to handle
it seperately ( leading to code dup. ). if you merely want to change
the grid size that is easy to do.

ben cooksley