Fwd: Re: Color issues on KMultiTabBarTab, KUrl(Navigator)Button and KCapacityBar

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Sep 4 12:58:24 BST 2008

Am Thursday 04 September 2008 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> KDE stuff should be using KColorUtils, unless you're actually doing
> hue-shifts (but I would question *why* you would want to do those in a
- bespin is obviously no KDE stuff...
- hue shifts are required to calculate colors for a gloss look, depending on
the color brightness and saturation

> Well, the way a progress bar would do this is paint the part over
> Highlight with HighlightText, and the part over Base with Text.
the problems here (kcapacitybar is used e.g. on dolphin) are
- the extreme gloss, that can make bright as well as dark texts hardly
readable
- the possible chunked look (swapping text color every 10/30 px or so won't
make thinks readable...)

 Thomas