Is alsa a mandatory requirement for kdebase-runtime?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Tue Oct 21 22:12:44 BST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Olivier Goffart wrote:

>> Does anyone have any ideas why it thinks ALSA is required when none of
>> the other sources do?
>

> Some of the phonon plugins need ALSA.
> But the dependence should be optional.
> Where and what is the error exactly?

Got it, too. It was the kded module. I disabled the check+message

macro_log_feature(HAVE_CURRENT_ALSA "ALSA" "current alsa-lib is needed for
dmix and virtual device listing" "http://www.alsa-project.org/" TRUE
"1.0.14a")

in runtime/phonon/kded-module/CMakeLists.txt.

Seeing that it's optional on Windows and Mac OS I hope it can be made
optional on Linux and other Unices, too.

Harri.