Natural language processing tech for the desktop!

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:55:47 BST 2008

Jordi Polo wrote:

> I __might__ be able to choose a project to work one year (I mean one year,
> every day, several hours/day). The project must be something related to
> NLP (Natural Language Processing).

> Any opinion about these ideas is very much welcomed.

Hi,

There's a project called Sonnet I believe, part of which is about
discovering the language that a particular piece of text is written in. You
might be able to work on that.

Also, how about a grammar checker, similar to the spell checkers we already
have, but for grammar, which could be used in kdepim, koffice, or anywhere.

Steve.