kdereview exemption for PolicyKit-KDE

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Sun Nov 16 18:38:17 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008 08:33:38 am Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Sunday 16 of November 2008, Trever Fischer wrote:
>
>  Is this about the code on which I worked few weeks back to get it from
> doesn't-really-do-anything to hopefully-kind-of-works (and occassionally
> guessed and so in the process, since PolicyKit happens to have nice
> extensive and useless API docs)? I rather disagree with an exception for
> this. What does currently depend on PolicyKit anyway?

Maybe, but now its in a state of it-just-works-with-minor-bugs.

Afaik, nothing directly depends on polkit-kde. However, hal depends on
PolicyKit. So to do certain hal functions with privilege elevation, the user
needs a gui for authentication. The only other known gui for this is
PolicyKit-gnome, so getting it into 4.2 will allow KDE developers to be a bit
more comfortable in knowing that if they end up use polkit for something
(indrectly or otherwise), KDE has support for it built in.