Automatic completion mode

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Nov 15 17:44:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

> This is really specific to URLs (or paths). If I want to start Konsole
> via krunner then I usually write "kons" and then press Enter. I like
> this behavior and it's what I (and all other users) have learned to
> expect from the automatic completion mode.

In absolute it is specific to URLs. It clearly happens to applications too.

Without going very far (I could give you more examples). Take kcmshell.

open krunner "kbuildsycoca4" <enter>

open krunner "kbuildsycoca" <enter>

Fail. I wanted to run kbuildsycoca, not kbuildsycoca4.

This happens _always_ that the beginning of the application you want to
execute matches the beginning of an already saved entry.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.