bug resolution states

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Fri Nov 14 19:36:05 GMT 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 19:51:33 Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 11:38 am, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On Friday 14 November 2008 06:17:36 Jordi Polo wrote:
> > > I can not reproduce the bug but checking the code I solved an
> obvious
> > > problem that surely have solved the bug also but as I could not
> reproduce
> > > the bug I can not tell for sure either.
> > > It is basically a call for the people that is bitten by the bug to
> update
> > > sources/packages and try again.
> > Just use WORKSFORME instead.
> As a non-developer, works for me implies (to me) (or I infer from
> WORKSFORME) that the bug could not be confirmed and no work was done on
> it.  It would not (unless there was something else there) hint that I
> should try it out because something has been done.

I usually use WORKSFORME to indicate that no work has been done and I'm pretty
sure that there's no bug. I use REMIND for bugs that can't be reproduced due
to lack of response. I usually leave a comment explaining that and ask to
reopen if the reporter can provide more information (which is barely the case
with bugs that have been waiting for more information for more than a month).

Regards,
Michael