QPrintDialog

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 29 10:32:25 BST 2008

You'll need to OK this with the translators (kde-i18n@)

> 3. When printing to file, the QFileDialog is used to select the location. I
> noticed in qfiledialog.cpp the "_qt_filedialog_save_filename_hook" (etc.)
> variables, but these are marked as "Internal" (but are still exported). The
> attached kfiledialog.cpp.diff uses these "Internal" variables to override
> the Qt file dialog's with KDE ones. Are these safe to use? I assume not,
> unfortunately, but they are one way to solve the print dialog's file
> selector problem.

I believe Thomas Zander was playing with this, but ran into trouble with where
I put the createPrintDialog functions (ie: it's too far down the stack in
kdelibs to depend on KFileDialog in KIO).  The suggested solution was to dl
libkfile, but I think other things took over.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org