Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu May 29 08:41:43 BST 2008

Chusslove Illich wrote:

>> [: Kåre Särs :]
>> I removed some extra space and placed the prev/next buttons vertically
>> and got [...]
>
> That's what I tried at first, but the gain in space is too small. Just
> about enough for English, but if you try it with German or Greek, it'll be
> wreck again.
>
> I've tried a bit of a mix between Kare's and David's layouts, and
> following Aurelien's observations (what a weasel statement, eh?):
>
>   http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-searchbarpower-04.png
>
> The buttons are stacked vertical, but such that they more clearly belong
> to Find and Replace blocks. The options are below everything, but
> additionally split into two columns so that it's clearer which box belongs
> to which text (as well as hedging against long option texts).

I just realized all checkboxes are relative to the "find" block. Wouldn't it
make sense to move them at the bottom of it?

And while we are at it, this is not related to the space saving, but I think
the "Add..." buttons should be moved to the left, so that they are closer
to the combobox/checkbox to which they are related.

Aurélien