Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 29 08:35:32 BST 2008

On 29.05.08 01:49:31, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> > [: Kåre Särs :]
> > I removed some extra space and placed the prev/next buttons vertically and
> > got [...]
>
> That's what I tried at first, but the gain in space is too small. Just about
> enough for English, but if you try it with German or Greek, it'll be wreck
> again.
>
> I've tried a bit of a mix between Kare's and David's layouts, and following
> Aurelien's observations (what a weasel statement, eh?):
>
>   http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-searchbarpower-04.png
>
> The buttons are stacked vertical, but such that they more clearly belong to
> Find and Replace blocks. The options are below everything, but additionally
> split into two columns so that it's clearer which box belongs to which text
> (as well as hedging against long option texts).

I've followed this discussion quite closely, though I don't really
suffer from this as kate seldomly runs in 80-column mode here. To me
this one looks like the best option, it keeps the existing grouping as
mouch as possible and yields a real win in horizontal space.

Andreas

--
Are you ever going to do the dishes?  Or will you change your major to biology?