Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu May 29 23:29:22 BST 2008

> [: Aurélien Gâteau :]
> I just realized all checkboxes are relative to the "find" block. Wouldn't
> it make sense to move them at the bottom of it?

That may depend on the point of view; one could think the options belong to
the dialog as whole. Other find/replace dialogs typically do not put options
between the find and replace fields.

> And while we are at it, this is not related to the space saving, but I
> think the "Add..." buttons should be moved to the left, so that they are
> closer to the combobox/checkbox to which they are related.

Again the darned POW :) To me it seemed that the Add... buttons "bind" to
the input field, rather than to the input-type selectors.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)