[kde-artists] Resolving icon naming conflicts

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Mon May 26 19:30:42 BST 2008

A Monday 26 May 2008 09:43:41, Jakob Petsovits escreveu:
> Hi core devs,
>
> JRT and I have a small disagreement about an icon name (and possibly more
> in the future), and it seems we can't resolve this issue by discussion as
> each of us has already presented all of our arguments and we still can't
> find consensus.
>
> I ask you, "immediate supervisors" (quote JRT) to take a look at this
> thread: http://lists.kde.org/?t=121062542200004&r=1&w=2
> and help us out in resolving this issue.
>
> Especially regarding the question of who has the authority for icon naming
> decisions if dead ends like this one creep up. It's a slightly difficult
> issue as icon naming affects artists and developers alike, and doesn't
> really belong to any existing realm.
>
> kdelibs? handles icon loading and the technical side of icon fallbacks.
> oxygen? is what i work on, but also affects other themes.
> kdebase/runtime? has oxygen just as a "minor" part amongst other large
> pieces of concrete code.
>
> So who's responsible for this area? It also doesn't help that the
> kdeartists module doesn't have an official maintainer listed at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Release_Team#Coordinator_List .
>
> So, it's basically up to Oliver Goffart (kdebase/runtime coordinator) and
> kde-core-devel (overall input and governance) to decide how this issue can
> be resolved. Please advise.
>
> I'm sorry to steal your time with annoying issues like this, but I can't
> handle this by myself anymore, especially with JRT asking where he can go
> if he doesn't agree with me (and considering that neither I nor JRT have
> any official maintainership over icon naming).
>
> Wishes,
>   Jakob

Just to say that I fully trust your judgement on the issues, You have done a
superb joob so far, the names actulay make alot of sence now.
Im not sure If I can do this but has Oxygen naming goes you have full
manternership of the naiming issues IMO.
And im prety sure im talking in bealf of every one in Oxygen.

--

core oxygen icon designer