[Slightly OT] python based kdesvn-build variant that uses git locally available

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun May 25 23:09:56 BST 2008

> Interesting: I faced the same problem as you (using git-svn and not willing
> to abandon kdesvn-build), but fixed it a different way: I wrote a script to
> run all git (and svn) updates and made a one line patch to kdesvn-build so
> that it default to --no-svn. I usually run the two scripts together:
>
>   kdesvn-update ; kdesvn-build

The main reason for the rewrite was the need for an interactive tool.

It should be possible for you to use my tool with your current git
repositories btw. . If you use git-svn.

I was especially interested in the 'log' function which shows me what changes
the remote vcs has got since my last build.

> One question though: how do you handle svn:externals? I keep some modules
> as svn because of those nasty things.

I knew there was something i should have put on my TODO list. I have made an
extensive research and have some ideas how to solve it. Someday i will TRY to
implement a generic solution. For now i think i will hardcode the oxygen/ozone
exceptions. Btw. couldn't we just make up a kde rule to forbid copy+paste even
when implemented with svn:externals. Just joking.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )