Let kquitapp fail verbosely

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sun May 25 02:51:38 BST 2008

On Saturday 24 May 2008, Stefan Monov wrote:
> I was unsure whether to use fputs, fprintf, cerr or kDebug() (all of
> those are used throughout KDE), so I picked what's nicest - cerr. ;)

Since KDE includes are already present I'd use kError() or kWarning() (not
kDebug() either way).  Also in theory people can have a notification pop up
for these types of events if there's not running kquitapp from the shell.

> Also I'm unsure whether the toLocal8bit conversion is needed.

I don't think it is needed if you use the k* functions.  There is a
qPrintable() macro which does what you want in case you use cerr still, I
recommend using that in that case (and if you're worried about k* support)

> Can I commit?

After implementing this and Thiago's suggestion I think it's commit worthy as
having error output is certainly nicer than having nothing.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne