What to do about KShortcutsEditor and undo

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:03:04 BST 2008

2008/5/22, Michael Jansen <kde at michael-jansen.biz>:

>> About 2: it would avoid crashes but the behavior would vary. If the
>> actions
>> are deleted before the KShortcutsEditor you don't get undo on close, if
>> they aren't deleted you get undo on close.
>
> Ok. Do whatever you want. I will rephrase your sentence. If you use the api
> incorrectly you don't get undo on close, if use use the api correctly they
> you
> get undo on close.

That is true. However, one rule of API design is to make an API hard
to misuse. This is not something I made up, it's from the excellent
talk "How to design a good API and why it matters" from Joshua Bloch.

>> If you invite the low-level details they tend to stay even if you wish
> they'd be gone...
>
> I think i would understand you much better if you wouldn't tend to those
> sophisticated sounding sentences my little mind just can't grasp. But they
> allways seem to express some slight sense of I'm better than you.

Yeah, I agree that I didn't say anything useful in above sentence and
it sounds silly. Ignore it :)