Translating app names ? Was: Text spacing problems

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 20 23:30:59 BST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> There are some unresolved spacing problems with text spacing on my
> Cyrillic- localized desktop. The first one is with menu items and their
> shortcuts, such as (look at the highlighted item):
>
>   http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-text-spacing-problem-01.png

Completely unrelated to the issue, but, do I see here that "kwrite" as
application name is translated to k-i18n("write") , i.e. k-pisanye ?
(the menu even says "fail" in cyrillic, i.e. they didn't translate "file"
(actually I guess "fail" is the russian word for "file", which is basically
the english word written using cyrillic letters)
Is this good ? Do we also have "k-schreiben" in german for kwrite ?

Alex