strigi analizers install apth

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:13:01 BST 2008

2008/5/16 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> A Divendres 16 Maig 2008, Allen Winter va escriure:

>> I think the answer should be "Yes", since Strigi is a hard requirement.

>> > This should do the trick on distro which have a sane connection
>> > between lib/ and bin/.
>> >
>> > f=`which strigidaemon`;
>> > STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH=`kde4-config`/lib/strigi;${f%bin/strigidaemon}/lib/str
>> >igi
>>
>> yuck.
>> we need to think of something better... more like we do fir the Qt
>> plugins.. how about:
>>
>> # Set the path for  Strigi plugins provided by KDE
>> if test -n "$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH"; then
>>   STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH:`kde4-config --path
>> strigiplugins`" else
>>   STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="`kde4-config --path strigiplugins`"
>> fi
>> export STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH
>
> Will not work, i repeat, STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH overrides the default reading
> from /usr/lib/strigi so you need to add that path to STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH if
> you define it, hence what Jos was doing with the `which strigidaemon`
>
> Besides multiple paths in STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH are not supported in strigi 0.5.7
> that i'm sure is what lots of us are running.For KDE 4.1, Strigi 0.5.9 is required, which will solve that.
I could add a different mechanism for dealing with plugins for 0.5.10
and require that for KDE 4.1.
We could say that any path specified vie STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH is
additional and is appended to the end of the path.
This limits the flexibility though.
Alternatively, we could use pkgconfig to allow the user to find out
what the default value for STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH is.

Cheers,
Jos