KPropertiesDialog. Useful graph ?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon May 12 21:18:47 BST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > I suggest to have a look at both pie charts through the eyes of a
> > person with red/green color deficit (and probably other less
> > prevalent types of color blindness) e.g. with Vischeck [1] to find
> > two colors that are easily distinguishable for most people.
> > Obviously red + green is a very bad choice.
>
> Bleh. Who needs vischeck? Use KMag ;-) It simulates all three
> single-cone deficits and has a "monochrome" mode (the latter is based
> on qGray and may or may not bear any resemblance to actual
> color-blindness, whereas the other modes are supposedly based on
> actual research to the best of my ability to find it and translate
> papers into actual code).

Why did you add this functionality to KMag? Just because you could do
it? I think it's a) a useless feature for the typical user of a screen
magnifier (people with bad vision will never want to simulate
color-blindness) and b) a nice feature hidden in an application I would
have never looked into when looking for this functionality.

I suggest to remove this functionality from KMag and put it into a
simple dedicated single-purpose application, so that people looking for
such an application can find it easily.

You might want to reread the discussion about KSnapshot which lead to a
very nice dedicated single-purpose application.

Regards,
Ingo