strigi analizers install apth

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri May 16 21:54:03 BST 2008

A Divendres 16 Maig 2008, Allen Winter va escriure:
> On Friday 16 May 2008 01:58:02 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > 2008/5/15 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > > A Dijous 15 Maig 2008, Alexander Neundorf va escriure:

> I think the answer should be "Yes", since Strigi is a hard requirement.

> > > By default that won't work either, reading strigi code one sees
> > >
> > > if (STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH) readPluginsFrom(STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH);
> > > else readPluginsFrom(LIBINSTALLDIR "/strigi");
> > >
> > > so most distros won't define STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH as strigi will already
> > > read system wide plugins by default, adding STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH makes
> > > that stop working.
> >
> > This should do the trick on distro which have a sane connection
> > between lib/ and bin/.
> >
> > f=`which strigidaemon`;
> > STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH=`kde4-config`/lib/strigi;${f%bin/strigidaemon}/lib/str
> >igi
>
> yuck.
> we need to think of something better... more like we do fir the Qt
> plugins.. how about:
>
> # Set the path for  Strigi plugins provided by KDE
> if test -n "$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH"; then
>   STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH:`kde4-config --path
> strigiplugins`" else
>   STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="`kde4-config --path strigiplugins`"
> fi
> export STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH

Will not work, i repeat, STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH overrides the default reading
from /usr/lib/strigi so you need to add that path to STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH if
you define it, hence what Jos was doing with the `which strigidaemon`

Besides multiple paths in STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH are not supported in strigi 0.5.7
that i'm sure is what lots of us are running.

Albert