strigi analizers install apth

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri May 16 15:09:52 BST 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008 01:58:02 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> 2008/5/15 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> > A Dijous 15 Maig 2008, Alexander Neundorf va escriure:

I think the answer should be "Yes", since Strigi is a hard requirement.

> >> I guess he meant
> >> export STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH=`kde4-config`/lib/strigi:$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH
> >
> > By default that won't work either, reading strigi code one sees
> >
> > if (STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH) readPluginsFrom(STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH);
> > else readPluginsFrom(LIBINSTALLDIR "/strigi");
> >
> > so most distros won't define STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH as strigi will already
> > read system wide plugins by default, adding STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH makes that
> > stop working.
>
> This should do the trick on distro which have a sane connection
> between lib/ and bin/.
>
> f=`which strigidaemon`;
> STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH=`kde4-config`/lib/strigi;${f%bin/strigidaemon}/lib/strigi

yuck.
we need to think of something better... more like we do fir the Qt plugins..
how about:

# Set the path for  Strigi plugins provided by KDE
if test -n "$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH"; then
  STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="$STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH:`kde4-config --path strigiplugins`"
else
  STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH="`kde4-config --path strigiplugins`"
fi
export STRIGI_PLUGIN_PATH

Then someone needs to modify kde4-config accordingly.
I volunteer Jos to do that work since he knows Strigi the best. :)

How about this solution?
-Allen