showdesktop in kdereview, proposed move into extragear

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon May 5 17:38:56 BST 2008

On Saturday 03 of May 2008, okparanoid wrote:
> Davide Bettio wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I just moved showdesktop plasma applet to kdereview.
> > showdesktop is an applet that allows users to show plasmoids on desktop
> > (like when you use CTRL+F12 shortcut).
> >
> > Bye,
> > Davide Bettio.
>
> Hi !
>
> About this two applets, in an user point of view, i think that the name
> of showdesktop is a little confusing.
> Why not using showDashBoard instead which reflect more the action of the
> applet ?
> Same thing for the icon...

> The ideal for clarity will to rename minimize-all to showDesktop, and
> showDesktop to showDashboard.

 Especially given that minimize-all does not really minimize all. Not
that "Show Desktop" is a better name, apparently, given all the user
confusion about what it actually does.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz