request for moving kdebase/workspace/menu to kdebase/runtime

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Mar 31 23:07:11 BST 2008

On 2008-03-31, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
> There are applications and kioslaves in kdebase-runtime which depends on
> this files. Having this in kdebase-apps means you have to install
> kdebase-apps to run apps from kdebase-runtime. This looks not good to
> me, kdebase-runtime is the right location for it.

Then maybe those programs should be moved to -apps as well ?

>> Especially when it is files that conflicts with installing kde4 apps in
>> same prefix as a full kde3.
>>
>> Both kde3 and kde4 seems to claim same files under
>> /usr/share/desktop-directories/
>>
> This is an issue related to installing the .directory files not where it
> is located in the source and should be discussed independent.  Do you
> have any suggestions about a better install location ?

No. it is also a matter of the source location, as we are working on
coinstallation of ((kde3 + (kde4base-runtime, kde4libs, kde4pimlibs))
with one set of development files.)  or ((kde4 + kde3libs) with one set
of development files)

Having the common files in -workspace or in -apps doesn't conflict with
this. Having the common files in -runtime does.

/Sune