request for moving kdebase/workspace/menu to kdebase/runtime

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Mar 31 22:54:01 BST 2008

Sune Vuorela schrieb:
> On 2008-03-31, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> to have full internationalisation support for kdebase-runtime (
>> khelpcenter) and kdebase-apps (konqueror) applications  it is required
>> to have the desktopfiles from kdebase/workspace/menu installed.
>>

> Why not move it to -apps instead?
>

>> This means that kdebase-runtime depends on kdebase-workspace which for
>> opinion is not a very good solution and should be changed. I request to
>> move kdebase/workspace/menu to kdebase/runtime/menu.
>>
>> Any objectivities ?
>>

> As kdebase-runtime so far has been described as the stuff you need to
> have available to run any kde application, I am against anything added
> to it.

There are applications and kioslaves in kdebase-runtime which depends on
this files. Having this in kdebase-apps means you have to install
kdebase-apps to run apps from kdebase-runtime. This looks not good to
me, kdebase-runtime is the right location for it.
> Especially when it is files that conflicts with installing kde4 apps in
> same prefix as a full kde3.
>
> Both kde3 and kde4 seems to claim same files under
> /usr/share/desktop-directories/

This is an issue related to installing the .directory files not where it
is located in the source and should be discussed independent.  Do you
have any suggestions about a better install location ?

Ralf