request for moving kdebase/workspace/menu to kdebase/runtime

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Mar 31 23:25:50 BST 2008

Sune Vuorela schrieb:
> On 2008-03-31, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> There are applications and kioslaves in kdebase-runtime which depends on
>> this files. Having this in kdebase-apps means you have to install
>> kdebase-apps to run apps from kdebase-runtime. This looks not good to
>> me, kdebase-runtime is the right location for it.
>>

> Then maybe those programs should be moved to -apps as well ?

As far as i can see would  this affect - kioslave/settings  and
khelpcenter - who can decide this ?

>>> Especially when it is files that conflicts with installing kde4 apps in
>>> same prefix as a full kde3.
>>>
>>> Both kde3 and kde4 seems to claim same files under
>>> /usr/share/desktop-directories/
>>>

>> This is an issue related to installing the .directory files not where it
>> is located in the source and should be discussed independent.  Do you
>> have any suggestions about a better install location ?
>>

> No. it is also a matter of the source location, as we are working on
> coinstallation of ((kde3 + (kde4base-runtime, kde4libs, kde4pimlibs))
> with one set of development files.)
what do you mean with development files ? source or include headers and
libraries ?
>  or ((kde4 + kde3libs) with one set
> of development files)

what do you mean with the term kde4 ?
> Having the common files in -workspace or in -apps doesn't conflict with
> this. Having the common files in -runtime does.

Normally such collisions are solved by adding a '4' postfix - would this
not be an option ?

Ralf