Shortcuts / konsolepart conflict

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Mar 29 21:23:36 GMT 2008

On lørdag 29 Marts 2008, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure this is not solvable with some Qt Flags.
> >
> > That would be great :-)
> >
> > Remember that this affects other applications than kate, dolphin for
> > example is also affected.
> >
> > The requirement is that a shortcut is sent to the konsole widget, so that
> > has the chance of using it and stopping the event from being sent to the
> > mainwindow.
>
> Ups. I guess you misunderstood something. I have no idea how to solve that
> problem. And more critical: I have no idea if my analysis is correct. Until
> someone with qt background confirms don't take that for granted. It looks
> plausible, so much is true.
>
> If i found the real problem the easiest solution - for someone not involved
> in qt development - seems to be adding some Flag to qt widgets telling them
> 'You're a widget, but some kind of toplevel widget, so stop shortcut
> propagation here'. But i think everyone inside of trolltech disagrees.
>
> And how to solve it as an qt outsider. ask david? Thiago? yellow pages?

I hoped that someone in this forum would have an idea about how we can solve
it.

Btw, this problem does not exist in KDE 3. There konsole so to speak 'wins'.

And while it is generally nice that conflicts are solved (strike, detected) in
KDE 4, in this exact case it is undesirable. Again, my take is that there
should be a way for a widget to cancel the controlling.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk