Strigidaemon

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:55:04 GMT 2008

2008/3/28, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>:
> I have quite a lot of data, and for example kde source is quite a few files. I
>  still think it's overly long time, and I don't understand why it should run
>  everytime i start up.
Maybe something is really wrong. I cannot judge that from here. Once
you have a valid index, the daemon should not take a lot of CPU.

>  > We are currently working on adding a 'light' way of indexing which
>  > will be in Strigi before KDE 4.1. The light version will only index
>  > filenames, paths, titles authors and other small fields.
> That is nice, although for some documents having a more detailled index would
>  be fine.
Off/Light/Full will be a simple config. We'll also add the possibility
of choosing what fields you want indexed.

>  > For now I suggest you either not index all of your home directory or
>  > you remove most of the analyzer plugins in "lib/strigi/strigi?a_*".
> Ok. Is a way of configuring this planned - turning on/off various plugins, for
>  various paths/mimetypes?
Yes, by configuring the fields you also configure which plugins to
use. Initially, we'll expose the field names in the config as opposed
to the names of the plugins.

Cheers,
Jos