Strigidaemon

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 17:33:12 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> 2008/3/28, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>:
> > I have quite a lot of data, and for example kde source is quite a few
> > files. I still think it's overly long time, and I don't understand why it
> > should run everytime i start up.
>
> Maybe something is really wrong. I cannot judge that from here. Once
> you have a valid index, the daemon should not take a lot of CPU.

That's also what I've seen happening until I made strigi stop indexing my
whole home directory. My guess is that strigi never got the chance to create
valid index - probably because I always killed strigidaemon after it took
full CPU and disk I/O while I was trying to actually use my computer.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de