Kubuntu Settings in KDE

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 17:32:13 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 16:42, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Kubuntu makes some changes to KDE's default settings.  Some are distro
> specific (e.g. no icons on the desktop) but I think some of these
> should go into KDE directly.
>
> Please comment on which are sensible to go into KDE and which are
> plain wrong.
>
> Jonathan

> == kdepim ==
>
>  * NoDisplay on apps included in Kontact, users don't need two ways to
>    get to the same thing

I'm not so sure about this one. How many people (like myself) prefer to
run the individual apps instead of Kontact? Additionally, I get the
impression that KMail in particular, and also KOrganizer, get more general
publicity than Kontact does. If so, these apps should be visible in the
menu system to help non-expert users who aren't aware of Kontact to find
them.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.