[kde-artists] [RFC][Fwd: Re: [RFC][Fwd: Re: Missing Oxygen icons (for Okular)]]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jun 14 20:07:43 BST 2008

Having considered this further.  It appears that originally I had it
backwards.  Now that I see that, my headache has greatly improved.

Please see attached toolbar from Okular Part.

Notice the problem that the:

	go-next
	go-previous

icons are being used for two different purposes (each).

I had always thought that it was the two icons circled in Green that
needed to be changed.  However, this is wrong.  It is the icons circled
in Red that need to be changed.  Specifically, these 4 icons refer
movement through the pages in a document.

So I am requesting that we have 4 new icons for these KDE Standard Actions:

	DocumentBack
	DocumentForward
	Begin
	End

Naming these icons needs to consider that we have 4 icons:

	go-previous
	go-next
	go-first
	go-last

and we need to fallback to them so my first suggestions will not be
satisfactory.  They will need to be named:

	go-previous-<something>
	go-next-<something>
	go-first-<something>
	go-last-<something>

and it seems to be a no-brainer that: "page" is the obvious choice:

	go-previous-page
	go-next-page
	go-first-page
	go-last-page

These icon names would replace the current icon names for the 4 KDE
Standard Actions:

	DocumentBack
	DocumentForward
	Begin
	End

Note that if these new icons do not exist, it will make no difference
because these KDE Standard Actions currently use:

	go-previous
	go-next
	go-first
	go-last

Will this be satisfactory, or are there further comments.

I presume that KDE-Core needs to approve this so they are CCd.

Note that this leaves open the question of whether or not we need a
third context:

   	go-next-view
   	go-previous-view

--