kwallet and QCA

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Mon Jun 9 22:23:43 BST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Samstag 07 Juni 2008 schrieb nf2:
>
> Hi,

> > > And before licensing is brought up, let me point out that it's
> > > irrelevant if what's implemented is a DBus service.
> >
> > That's a limitation though. Therefore QtCore is only a secondary option
> > for platform stuff i think.
>
> Actually there is no limitation. If the service is offered via a DBUS
> interface there are zero limitations. On the other hand QtCore offers much
> for run-time and development time efficiency.

It's still bad because it's C++.  C++ is evil.  C is the One True Way to go,
well supported by even gcc 2.7!  Only lazy programmers use C++, and there is
absolutely positively no way to make C++ libraries, as their binary
compatibility is impossible to maintain.  Luckily no C library ever has become
binary incompatible.

Well obviously that's all bunk, but I do wonder what the next reason will be
why developing a cross-desktop interface is supposed to be so bad.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne