kwallet and QCA

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jun 10 02:05:36 BST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Samstag 07 Juni 2008 schrieb nf2:
> >
> > Hi,

> > > That's a limitation though. Therefore QtCore is only a secondary option
> > > for platform stuff i think.
> >
> > Actually there is no limitation. If the service is offered via a DBUS
> > interface there are zero limitations. On the other hand QtCore offers
> > much for run-time and development time efficiency.
>
> It's still bad because it's C++.  C++ is evil.  C is the One True Way to
> go, well supported by even gcc 2.7!

Sarcasm aside, I think that the limitation Nobert refers to is the scope of
out-of-process functionality.
Regarding the thread content, single-sign-on/authentifcation service this is
obviously not a problem, however it might be in a different context where
functionality needs to be provided in-process.

Fortunately we see a move into service based infrastructure from basically all
desktop platform providers, so each software stack can provide the kind of
protocol implementation that makes most sense within the concepts the
developer of the respectice stack are used to (e.g. threaded I/O on stacks
like Java vs. event loop based I/O on stacks like GLib/GObject or Qt)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring