Qt SVG renderer

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 07:57:29 BST 2008

Rafael Fernández López wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have 2 things to say, 1 of them is news, the other is fairly known.
>
>Riccardo rocks. He has created an amazing list of icons that are
> misdrawn with Qt SVG renderer. Mostly the main problem that invalidates
> Qt SVG renderer for actually being used on KIconLoader is that it
> doesn't support filters/masking. Now that the known thing, that
> Riccardo rocks is said, I proceed with linking to his work (I am
> hosting it, since I uploaded the list).
>
>http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/07/icons/
>
>Here you can find a full list of icons that are misdrawn, and how
> inkscape draws it.
>
>Thanks Riccardo !

I see a few blatant errors in some errors that look like the icon was
drawn on top of others. If those are Qt errors, those should be easy to
fix. But please check that it isn't the generating program's fault.

Or am I misunderstanding the issue? Are those backgrounds in the .svg file
and then somehow filtered into oblivion? I.e. in
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/07/icons/qt/audio-headset.png, that SD
card is in the audio-headset.svg icon?

Also, I don't see the differences in *most* icons, unless I put them on
top of the other and flip.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358