Label Alignment in KDE4

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 22:01:04 BST 2008

Am Donnerstag 17 Juli 2008 22:55:29 schrieb Celeste Lyn Paul:
> This is what we had in KDE3 (common in Windows):
>
> Label 1:                  [ Text Input Box ]
> Really Long Label 2: [ Text Input Box ]
>
> This is what I thought we were doing in KDE4 (common in OSX):
>
>                  Label 1: [ Text Input Box ]
> Really Long Label 2: [ Text Input Box ]
>
> [...]
>
> 1) Are we still in agreement about the right aligned labels?
> 2) How hard is it going to be to fix all of incorrectly aligned labels?
>

> ~ Celeste

At least, I have recently assumed that we agreed on this when implementing a
dialog of this form. Concerning 2), we might consider migrating most of those
dialogs to QFormLayout, which aligns labels automatically and adheres to the
style in use (see Qt Reference documentation at [1]).

[1] http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qformlayout.html

Stefan