[Patch] Add two new tree-based modes to KDirOperator

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 12 00:04:34 BST 2008

On 11.07.08 22:08:59, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008, Peter Penz wrote:
> > On Thursday, 10. July 2008 16:27:40 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I have to say I haven't tested it, but the patch seems OK. This is
> > > an OK from my side.
> >
> > +1 from my side (I also did not test it, but have checked the code)
>
> I have no real knowledge of KDirOperator, so all I can give is a general
> advise: Adding n different modes to a single class is not really good
> design. I suggest to look into using the Strategy pattern.

If you look at the API docs you'll notice this is already possible, if a
client wants a completely different view he can set his own itemview on
the widget. However having a treeview available "out of the box" is a
good idea nevertheless as this allows to share some code among the apps
that want to use this as a toolview widget where you need a treeview for
space-reasons.

Andreas

--
Stay the curse.