requiring cmake 2.6

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 23:30:10 BST 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008 19:59, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> With cmake 2.4 the binaries were relinked, with 2.6 the new RPATH is
> patched into the existing executable.
> Maybe this doesn't work on your system ?
> Can you reproduce this with a testcase ?
> Like
> add_executable(hello main.c)
> set_target_properties(hello PROPERTIES INSTALL_RPATH /blub/ )
> install(TARGETS hello DESTINATION bin)
>
> and then check whether /blub made it into the installed executable.

Sorry, that seems to have been a red herring of mine. While the intermediate
executable has ::::::: in its RPATH and looks scary, the installed version is
fine. I'm re-re-building KDE4 with cmake 2.6.0 on Solaris now to see if I can
re-find the original problem I was having. I hope not; then you get an "all
clear" from this niche-market side of the fence.

I imagine there will have to be wholesale updates to CMakeLists.txt, though?
kdesupport spits out a whole bunch of policy warnings, for instance.

[ade]