Text in tabs being cut off

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jul 9 14:02:35 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 of July 2008, Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Michael Leupold wrote:
> >>
> >> I won't interfere, but bear this in mind: each patch added to qt-copy is
> >> another source of breakage that Qt developers did not foresee. It may
> >> introduce problems somewhere else. It being good for Qt 4.5 doesn't mean
> >> it's good for 4.4.
> >> [...]
> >> Until then, for KDE's stability sake, please be careful with qt-copy
> >> patches.
> >
> > I understand what you mean. That's the main reason I hoped someone could
> > comment on it. The bug itself and the fix are quite obvious. I can't
> > however foresee if correcting it might break someone else's code -
> > anything that uses the sizehint and paints a QTabBar that isn't too
> > narrow would gain one extra pixel (I guess that would include QStyles as
> > well).
>
> Fixing it in qt-copy won't make tab bars look correct on distros that
> don't ship qt-copy.

 Their problem. Many distributions selectively pick patches from
qt-copy/patches.

> I thought qt-copy was for "immediate" hot fixes that
> we want immediately during development. And the fix is arriving in the
> next patch release (and we know the tab bar fix is coming only in the
> next minor release). I might be completely off in my understanding of
> the purpose of qt-copy here...

 Not completely, but you are (assuming this is still about qt-copy/patches and
not just qt-copy itself). I originally created qt-copy/patches because back
then I got tired of trying to push patches through qt-bugs and I wanted a
place where such patches could be collected and shared. So basically
qt-copy/patches is for Qt patches that should be in Qt but are not, for
whatever reason.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz