[patch] KdePrint::createPrintDialog() on non-X11

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 8 20:48:25 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> For review.
>
> Based on the fact that only X11 supports custom setting tabs in the print
> dialog
> (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qabstractprintdialog.html#setOptionTabs)
>
> On non-X11 tagets:
> - do not build kcupsoptions*.{cpp|ui} and do not instantiate KCupsOptions*
>    objects
> - reparent widgets from QList<QWidget*> customTabs to the dialog even if we
>    don't use them, to avoid leaks
>
> Also:
> - simplify the code by calling one overload of createPrintDialog() from
> another - add more docs for non-X11 systems and about object ownership

Hi Jaroslaw,

Many thanks for taking care of that, it was on my to do list, but the last few
weeks have been a total disaster for me and I haven't been able to fix this
and a number of other outstanding issues.

+1 from me from eye-balling it (I'm not in a position to compile to check it).

BUT:  I was having an e-mail conversation with Dirk Mueller about a month ago
(before everything went crazy) who wanted this all moved into a separate
library or dlopened plugin or something as he had concerns about it affecting
BC, especially if/when these features move upstream into Qt.  It's all way
above my head, and I'm in no position at the moment to actually do anything
about it.  If anyone understands the issues and has the time to fix it,
please do so.

Apologies Dirk for not being able to get back to you on this earlier.

John.