Dragon Player in kdereview, proposed move into kdemultimedia

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:02:17 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 18:44:09 Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 7:00 AM, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuzkde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 January 2008 21:43:14 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > > - the Play button: the window that asks you what file you want to play
> > > is very annoying. Especially as I wanted simply to replay the video.
> >
> > See, Ian? I'm not alone :)
> > And we did not discuss this with annma in private before - she just came
> > to the same conclusion.
> >
> > 2annma:
> > We had some private email discussion with Ian and some other devs
> > concerning this window.
> >
> > Unfortunately I am not aware if something has been finally decided.
> >
> > Ian?
>
> Well you misunderstood Annma a little, she was talking about hitting
> play after a movie is over.
Ah, sorry then :)
It is clear that I see what I want to see ;) Sorry.

Speaking about DP entry in bugzilla - would be great.
I haven't updated for a while, so maybe this got fixed, but I noticed a
following bug:
When changing window size  while video is playing, if I press pause and then
start, it'll reset it size to one that DP had on startup :)

> I do plan on Dragon Player 2.1/4.1 to have the Play Media dialog
> embedded into the video widget area, where it will pretty much have
> the same design as it has now. Technically it'd probably be really
> easy to turn the QDialog into a QWidget, but this sort of change needs
> some time and feedback.
Great. Be sure to blog about it (or notify us somehow) - I'd be willing to
test it :)

Dmitry.