Dragon Player in kdereview, proposed move into kdemultimedia

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Jan 16 15:44:09 GMT 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 7:00 AM, Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuzkde at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2008 21:43:14 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > - the Play button: the window that asks you what file you want to play is
> > very annoying. Especially as I wanted simply to replay the video.
> See, Ian? I'm not alone :)
> And we did not discuss this with annma in private before - she just came to
> the same conclusion.
>
> 2annma:
> We had some private email discussion with Ian and some other devs concerning
> this window.
>
> Unfortunately I am not aware if something has been finally decided.
>
> Ian?

Well you misunderstood Annma a little, she was talking about hitting
play after a movie is over.

I do plan on Dragon Player 2.1/4.1 to have the Play Media dialog
embedded into the video widget area, where it will pretty much have
the same design as it has now. Technically it'd probably be really
easy to turn the QDialog into a QWidget, but this sort of change needs
some time and feedback.

Ian