Dragon Player in kdereview, proposed move into kdemultimedia

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Jan 16 18:43:14 GMT 2008

Hi Ian,

I had a look at Dragon Player and I found that to report bugs, one sends you a
mail. I dislike this because 1) there is no feedback for the sender (did you
receive the mail?) and 2) there's no way to follow up on the bug/wish report.
I find it OK for crashes like amarok does
Can you at least register a Product on bugs.kde.org for DP?

My 3 wishes after using Dragon Player:
- volume: I did not find the slider on the right, I simply did not look there.
Suggestion: move the time slider on bottom and out the volume slider there
instead. No need for a volume icon. (I mistook the time slider for the volume
one)

- the Play button: the window that asks you what file you want to play is very
annoying. Especially as I wanted simply to replay the video.
Suggestion: play should play the opened file

Remark: Play Media... maybe as I am not an English native, I find "media"
weird, like it restricts playing DVDs.

- Playing a sound file: could DP show the album artwork if it's present
instead of Konqi?

That's all for now, I added the doc path in the .desktop file,

Anne-Marie