Dragon Player in kdereview, proposed move into kdemultimedia

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:04:13 GMT 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 3:00 PM, Robert Knight <robertknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > KDE Multimedia currently lacks a video player. As far as I know,
> > Konqueror does not have a KPart for playing videos either
>
> Is it also suitable for playing sound files linked to by or embedded
> in web pages?  For example, ogg media used in Wikipedia articles?
>
> Regards,
> Robert.

Yep, it does work for that. I do plan on optimizing more for one-off
sound playback in 2.1/kdemultimedia 4.1. I was originally just
thinking about video playback, but you're not the first to bring this
sort of thing up. Especially because its sometimes impossible (like
with .ogg files) to know whether they are video or audio until you
play them

Ian