Closing the arts product in bugs.kde.org

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Jan 13 15:32:54 GMT 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 3:13 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 08:27:00PM -0600, Matt Rogers wrote:
>> I don't intend on deleting anything. :)
>>
> as if you could. oh, wait, being the bugz migration guy you probably
> *can*. :}
>
>> I intend on closing all the current bugs as INVALID or WONTFIX
>> (haven't decided yet)
>>
> if you don't intent to even look at those bugs, then wontfix is the
> only
> acceptable resoultion. invalid would be just rude.
>
>> and closing the arts product for bug entry.
>>
> well, yes.
>
> anyway, i don't see how dealing with arts that way can be
> justified. it
> is still a hard(?) dependency of kde3, so why should it be handled
> differently from the other unmaintained parts of kde3? i'd say such
> spring cleaining should wait *at least* half year more (until we can
> confidently say that we don't care for kde3 any more).

Sure, it's a dependency, but it's not a hard dependency. You can get
by on KDE 3 just fine w/o arts. You just won't get sound.

Who said that i was going to treat the unmaintained parts of kde 3
differently? I also intend to do the same thing with the kicker and
kdesktop products since those no longer exist in KDE 4.

However, since we're going to be releasing KDE 3.5.9 soon, then I
will wait on doing this a bit longer.
--
Matt