New class KWidgetBlendAnimation

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:52:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Nothing against this class, but there is a really important regression in the
> optimization part.

I agree.  Cross-fading large images is an expensive operation.  I
would like to be corrected, but I don't think I have seen a really
fast software implementation.  Bear in mind that the size of the area
being cross-faded here could be over 1000^2 pixels.

Mathias, I really don't think transition effects are what you should
be focusing on in the sound setup dialog.  It has more basic problems
to deal with, I made a quick summary of some of them in this comment
on your journal:

http://vir.homelinux.org/blog/archives/98-more-UI-feedback.html#c526

I don't quite get what problem the transition effects are trying to
address from a UI point of view.  If they are just there to look
pretty then that's fine, but they have to fast.

Regards,
Robert.