New class KWidgetBlendAnimation

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Feb 9 02:24:40 GMT 2008

Hi,

When I was going to adapt KWidgetBlendAnimation to the KDE global animation
settings I suddenly saw that it is in kdelibs.

Nothing against this class, but there is a really important regression in the
optimization part.

Try to maximize the phonon kcm, and make it switch. Or just try to apply the
patch Urs wrote for KPageWidget, and change pages on config dialogs with the
dialog maximized => extremely slow and lots of frame loss.

I had the same problem with previews on Open/Save dialogs, but those ones
aren't expected to be that big, on the other hand I can maximize a dialog,
what can be _really_ big.

I think before shipping and using this class widespread we should think twice
about it. My desktop at least when windows are big (not huge, just big) feels
really, really slow.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070