Special characters in KConfig (& kglobalaccel)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Feb 6 14:16:41 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> 1) as separator in KGlobalAccel items, used as keys for KConfig.

Indeed this makes it hard on kconf_update scripts.
This is something that we could change at the same time we are changing
kglobalaccel to use action names instead of translated names.
Then we could use ':' as separator or something... like this
kwin:next_virtual_desktop=F13
We don't use ':' in kcomponentdata names AFAIK; and it's easy to
Q_ASSERT(!componentName.contains(':')); in the kglobalaccel code to
make sure we tell the app author soon enough about the issue :)