Special characters in KConfig

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 22:39:01 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 03:16:46PM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> can't think of any other way how to express the nesting - something
> like 'kwriteconfig --group parent --group child' is ugly and I don't
> think it'd work with KCmdLineArgs anyway,

iirc, KCmdLineArgs supports multiple uses of the same arg; it's just a
bit more code to handle it right. as for ugly, it only has the slight
catch that the arguement order would matter - not exactly unexpected in
that situation.
the alternative would be encoding the nesting into a single string just
like in the ini files. to be consequent, one would encode the key into
that, too:
--keypath [one][\\x5btwo\\x5d]key
now, if *that* isn't butt-ugly ...

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.