what packages do we want distros to ship ?

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Dec 22 09:20:25 GMT 2008

Am Montag 22 Dezember 2008 09:46:17 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> So, what do we expect what will be shipped ?

We've had a very similar discussion recently within kdegames. We do not want
to prevent anybody from adding cool games to the package, but on the other
hand there might be situations where the full package doesn't fit onto a live
CD or netbook with small SSD etc.

After some quibble, we've come to the conclusion that we should make it
technically feasible to generate subpackages, but not mandate any specific
split order.
Current SVN doesn't yet reflect this decision AFAIK, there are still many
README.PACKAGERS files but only the top-level one should remain, IIRC.

The log is available here (although it should probably say November instead of
October):
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/IRC_Meeting/30-October-2008-Log

Josef