kcmodule and kcmoduleproxy

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 21:44:39 GMT 2008

A Dijous 04 Desembre 2008, Matthias Kretz va escriure:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008 20:05:59 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > IMO (not humble in this case) it is better to have a resizing dialog
> > > than a long delay before having the dialog ready. Which is why I made
> > > the proxy delay loading, and breaking it like this one might have just
> > > deleted all the delayed loading logic...
> > >
> > > If dialogs are initially "ridicolous"ly small then the application
> > > needs to be "fixed" to set a sensible initial size for the dialog...
> >
> > I disagree, i don't need to set any sensible small size, Qt does it for
> > me, and quite good actually. You are bypassing it, and it's failing, and
> > you say it's the developers fault?
>
> For your definitions of "bypassing" and "failing". I wouldn't call it that
> way...
>
> It's a matter of preference:
> - load all widgets from DSOs in a matter of ~10 seconds and have a non-
> resizing dialog
> vs.
> - show the dialog immediately with at least the right size for the first
> shown widget or a size hint given by the application and resize later when
> needed
>
> If you think about it, you'll find there's no other way to achieve a non-
> resizing dialog than to discard lazy loading of the KCMs.
>
> Do you really want to do that?

Yes, *I* prefer taking 10 seconds to load than and absurd initial size (no it
did not have the right size for the first kcm) and sizing jumpyness when
other dialogs are loaded.

BTW i think i discussed with someone the change but i can't find any mail that
backups my memories :-/

Albert