kcmodule and kcmoduleproxy

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Dec 5 09:34:01 GMT 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Yes, *I* prefer taking 10 seconds to load than and absurd initial size (no it
> did not have the right size for the first kcm) and sizing jumpyness when
> other dialogs are loaded.

Configuration dialogs take far too much time to show up right now, we have to fix that.
But yes we have to avoid absurd initial sizes. Can't we simply force a rather big size
on windows that contain multiple modules? If we support 800x600, then we should just
resize to 760x580 (+ adjusting for work area size if smaller).
And then we can fix the modules that force a bigger window size than that.

*I* prefer a few broken modules that we'll have to fix incrementally than
dialogs that take 10 seconds to show up (and no konqueror isn't the only
one where this happens, kontact's configuration dialog is much worse).
By disabling delayed-loading we are masking the real problem.